Halina’s English Courses and Lessons
- Are you nervous about communicating in English with foreign colleagues?
- Do you have a good command of English, but feel like your flexibility may be lacking?
- Would you like to learn how to sound more natural when making small talk and discussing problems?
- Do you feel the need to improve your conversational skills?
If you responded “YES” to any of these queries, then join up right away!
I give English one to one tutoring classes as well as ONLINE English Courses.
I understand what YOU need to succeed with English. I know the essential skills you need to develop to become an effective communicator in English.
My classes are for students who want to use a most proficient approach to get fluent in English fast by practicing English Skills. Training is a subconscious process and is faster than conscious learning.
Being able to communicate effectively is the most important of all life skills.
Communication is simply the act of transferring information from one place to another, whether this is vocal, written, visually or non-verbally (using body language, gestures and the tone and pitch of the voice).
How well this information can be transmitted and received is a measure of how good our communication skills are.
Training your English communication skills can facilitate all aspects of your life, from your professional spirit to social gatherings and everything in between.
Conventional methods of learning English exemplify passive learning with a limited success rate. I firmly believe in Active Learning of English Skills which is much more effective than passive learning.
These are the primary disadvantages of passive English learning
- The major weakness of passive learning is that it splits the language into different components – reading, writing, listening, grammar, and pronunciation – which you try to learn separately.
- When learners are not actively involved in the class, they continue to think in their native language. Whatever the instructor explains to them, they try to interpret it in their mother tongue. It becomes nearly impossible to process the information intuitively or spontaneously.
- Because learners aren’t taught to think in English, they are unable to communicate in English.
Active learning helps students start speaking English confidently in less than a year.
Active learning is more than just listening: it involves the active participation of students. They must use the language all the time and be emotionally involved in the process.
We need the conversion from Passive Learning to Active Training English Skills
As a language teacher, I use all kinds of tricks just because making students speak and building their self-confidence in keeping the conversation going is the most essential for me.
When I teach Polish, my foreigners and I have to speak only Polish, and also my English classes are run entirely in English. I teach without a bridge language.
This way they are required to forget about native language and start speaking as well as thinking in a foreign language. Thinking in a foreign language, this is simply what I want my learners to achieve.
My students learn the language in different contexts, mostly singing phrases, expressions, collocations, idioms, phrasal verbs also telling stories. Moreover, I inspire them to talk to everybody, even to themselves in a foreign language. Consequently, they can communicate as well as discuss a variety of beautiful narrations.
Many teachers spend most of their time altering each other’s mistakes.
Nevertheless, I correct only fundamental errors, as I don’t want students to stop talking. I also encourage my learners to listen to songs, watch movies with subtitles in a language they learn, read a lot and so forth.
- The most significant is to deliver comprehensible input. We improve the language when we understand it.
I am very much against the support in the native language.
- Learners spend more time dynamically speaking English when we change them, for working students.
I also create an environment for gaining all language skills – reading, listening, speaking, writing, and pronunciation at the same time. Learners experience everyday situations again entirely in English.
- The mobile is an obvious choice for delivering information. It affords pupils access to reading material both in the course of instruction and after the course of study. It covers support for sharing sessions with friends or teachers, which is essential for digital learners.
The lessons added by a teacher allow building an active connection between everyone.
As a result, I as an English teacher achieve a constant change from passive learning to the active, improving English skills.